When you bring home a pet dog, it can be such a lovely feeling. Having a pet at home can improve the atmosphere of your home and can make you feel happy about returning. If you are thinking of cool stainless steel dog tags for he/her, then knowing more about them is a great place to start.
What should you be looking for in these tags? What should be written on them? Is there any right or wrong way of making your pet wear them? This blog is the best place to get answers.
Types of Dog Tags
- Funny Tags: These are very popular at the moment. Customization will be available by reputed manufacturers and sellers and you can get a name tag for a dog collar that has a funny quote written on it. Depending on your sense of humor, find something appropriate for your dog, so that if someone finds it on the road, they can have a laugh while calling you.
- Information Tags: If funny is not your thing, you can go for an informative tag that gives people the information you want them to have. This will mean the name of your pet as well as your phone number so people can reach you instantly. These are by far the most popular type of tag available.
- Pretty Tags: When you have a cute dog, going for a pretty type that looks good on it is a great idea. Choose something that is the size and style you want and prepare to make your dog look extra cute.
A Must for All Dogs
A name tag for a puppy or a dog is a necessity these days. It is not a choice and you should definitely buy one for yourself. Some people erroneously think that since their dog is microchipped, a tag is not necessary. They couldn’t be more wrong. A name tag for a dog collar allows people to contact you instantly if they find your pet. It is the easiest way to find your dog, even when it is microchipped.
If your pet is just a small puppy and hasn’t been trained properly yet, you must get it a tag. There are no two ways about it: it protects it and helps people find it and contact you.
If your pet is well-trained and can find your house even when it is out, that is great. You still need to give it a tag. Take no chances because when it comes to your pet, you would rather be safe than sorry. Give yourself the satisfaction of knowing that if in any way your pet is lost, people have the chance to contact you.
Some Must-Haves in Dog Tags
No matter what type of dog tags catch your fancy, there are a few things that are must-haves in them. Take a look below to find out what they are.
- Strong Material: Your dog will be wearing its dog whenever it is out or perhaps you would like to wear it all the time. In fact, that would be safer. A good strong material for it is the best. Most pet owners choose stainless steel for this very fact. Stainless steel is a strong and sturdy material that will ensure that the tag does not break apart or get damaged.
- Affordability: You don’t want to go for too expensive dog tags. Instead, a good company will bring affordable products which will be easy on the pocket. This way you can buy a few and perhaps even some for your friends with pets. Keep in mind that stainless steel dog tags do cost more than aluminum, but will also last a lifetime.
- Unique Personalisation: It is great when you can personalize the dog tag to meet your specifications and needs. There are several ways to do that and you can do as the manufacturer tells you more.
Important Information on Dog Tags
The tag is as good as the information on it. Some of the essential information that must be on
every dog tag are the dog’s name, and a contact number that can be contacted in case it is found somewhere.
There is other optional information one may put on such tags such as a home address, though you should think twice about doing this because of security reasons. You may also decide to put in an email address or a second phone number.
Buy Something Durable
When looking at dog tags, it is a good idea to find something that will last a long time. Stainless steel is the preferred material for this reason: the strength brings longevity as well. Wear and tear will be slight as long as they are used correctly and this makes them so very durable.
You don’t need to keep on changing dog tags frequently.
Think of Them as Accessories
Name tags for dog collars are nothing short of accessories. With so many unique shapes available, it is easy to feel spoilt for choice. Give your dog a beautiful accessory to wear around its neck and also feel the satisfaction of knowing it can be found. If lost.
Most people prefer simple tags for their pets. Though there is customization available, when it comes to such an important accessory, the simpler it is, the better it will be. Keep dog tags clean. To do this, take them off your pet, submerge them in warm water, and then wash them with soapy water. Get the grime off with the help of a soft brush. It will be quite clean once again.
At Persimmon & Co., get high-quality name tags for puppies. They have such beautiful and simple tags available that YOU will want to buy more than one for your beloved pet.